Friday, May 23, 2008

Learning to Let Go

As summer arrives and I have become insanely busy, i'm really struggling with keeping on top of everything. I want to outsource... but have a hard time giving up control of my product. I guess part of being a workaholic perfectionist is that I can't get past the mentality that I am the only person who can do it right. I'm also not a person who will ever clamor for the 4-hour workweek - i'm just bored working that little. Idle hands and all that. I need to be challenged, need to keep busy, in order to push my creativity and keep forward progress in my business.

But I have come to a decision: its time to cede some of my workflow to others. I am responsible for my product and my vision, but I think that others can do certain parts of my job much better than I. And quicker. So, I will retain quality control, but in a supervisory manner. Ultimately, I think this will be a good business decision, because all of my clients will get everything much quicker!

Now... implementation is another story, but one that will come with time (and a solid plan).

No comments: