Thursday, January 17, 2008

Business Sense (and Cents!)

One of my goals for this year was to do something for my business each and every day. Clearly that doesn't mean shooting every day (although I try to bring my camera out daily to take at least one pic), but also marketing, networking, editing, and learning. As the learning part goes - [b]ecker has helped a lot with that (especially the 'daily' part!). I've also done a couple of lunches, a networking event, and a group shoot.

But where do I go from here?

I am trying to build things from the ground up, with a solid foundation. I don't want to move too fast and have a poor background (and a shaky foundation). But I don't want to stand by the sidelines and watch the photography world pass me by. The biggest place where this has presented a problem is investments. I don't have much booked for this year (yet, hopefully). I want to have the right equipment for the job - quality lenses (I have an excellent body already, the awesome 5d), software, a good website, etc. But i'm not sure to to expand first - my work? my network? my equipment? my marketing to have the funds to reinvest? Such a dilemna. Any suggestions are welcome!

And coming soon... I am almost done with my only new years resolution! I have found the list, worked on it, given it a good deal of thought... and only 10 more goals to think of and work out!

No comments: