Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I don't really believe in New Years resolutions. General goals, yes. But not so much resolutions - because I feel like that sets one up for failure.
Instead, I try to use the start of a new year to reflect on the past year, and how I incorporated my general life goals throughout the last year. I really took significant steps to starting a new business - something that I love to do, rather than something that I am good (but unhappy) at. I made a big move - from LA to San Diego - which has made my hubby and I happier. I have taken significant steps to save money and become bad debt-free.
This year, my overarching goal is to become better and more experienced in my craft. I want to really work on booking events and making more business connections. I want to take classes to enrich my personal life (that's me, lifelong student). I also want to work on living healthier - not just lose weight (although I wouldn't complain about that), but really more centered on exercising more, managing stress better, and eating a better and more balanced diet so that I am a healthier person.
Wait - and I do have one resolution. Back in October, I started working on my list of 101 things that I want to accomplish in the next 1,001 days. I got to about 65 and then lost my list. My one resolution: find the list, finish it, and then start working on those goals.
Hope that everyone had a happy new years!

No comments: