Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Trash the Dress - Salton Sea

On Saturday, I went to this massive trash the dress session at the Salton Sea. The Salton Sea is both amazing and disgusting. Its smelly and toxic and deserted. The lake itself has no current, with an eerie fog that hangs over it, with no separation between the water and sky.

It was an interesting day - for starters, there were more photographers/cameras there than I have ever seen in one place. Secondly - because I was both a model and a photographer! I spent the entire morning being a model (and doing crazy stuff like balancing on one leg on a crumbling rock in 4 inch heels), trying not to look too ugly or squinty (sdohana has a pic of me! i'm the last one). The 'trying not to look too squinty' was especially hard, as the sun was a level of bright that I rarely see.

At the end of the morning session, I quickly changed and grabbed a few shots at our first location, then joined the caravan to our second location, where I was only a photographer :-) Here are a couple of my favorite shots:




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful! I especially love the sky and the mirror shots. very nice work...

Melissa Koehler said...

Great shots Julia! I had such a blast at the TTD!!!
Maybe I will see you Thurs with Masen!

amber dawn said...

Nice shots! The sky is so amazing in the first two! Great job!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

WOW!!!! that second shot is IN-CRED-IBLE!!! fantastic eye julia. it was awesome meeting you and your hubby sunday.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Hi Julia -- great to meet you on Saturday!! Thanks for letting me feel like such a model!